Saturday, February 6, 2010

Samantha Harris Vogue Australia March 2010

Model Samantha Harris catches up with vogue.com.au to celebrate her recent Vogue Australia shoot.

With her Aboriginal and Danish ancestry, Australian model Samantha Harris has been impossible to ignore on the local catwalks. Now the 19-year-old is making a break for the big time with a shoot in the March issue of Vogue Australia and a trip to London Fashion Week. We catch up with the striking and unpretentious beauty as she settles into life in England.
How did you get into modelling?
My mum had been entering model competitions from a very young age but when I was 13 in 2004 I entered the Girlfriend Magazine competition and became a national finalist. It was the same year Abbey Lee won.
What do you enjoy about modelling?
I enjoy meeting new people and wearing amazing designer clothes. It’s like playing dress ups.
Do you get nervous before a runway show?
I am getting better having done so many shows now. When I started I was really nervous and kept thinking I may fall over.
Who are your favourite designers?
Sass & Bide, Jayson Brunsdon and Alex Perry.
If you weren’t modelling what would you be doing?
Probably working in a shop, studying or lying on the beach as much as possible.
How do you relax?
Watching some television going to the movies.
What is your favourite movie?
Lovely Bones.
Do you have to exercise regularly?
Every day! The agency (Chic) organised for me to work out with this personal instructor and she has really helped tone my body. I have never felt better.
Your favourite city in the world is…?
Sydney at the moment but I am really enjoying London.
 What is your goal as a model?
To be the best I can and work internationally. I would love to help my family out through modelling. They have been really supportive to me over the years and it is my goal one day to help them. source






















Photographed by Nicole Bentley