Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gabourey Sidibe & Dakota Fanning | V Magazine Feb 2010





Updated: January 15th, 2010

GABOUREY SIDIBE by V Magazine

The young star of the year’s most harrowing film loves boys, adores her family, digs who she is, gets starstruck, and may just strike Oscar gold for a breakthrough role she played with startling acuity. Offscreen, she’s every bit as real as her undeniable talent

“Growing up, there weren’t a lot of actresses and singers who looked like me. There were no real times that I thought maybe I can do it, until Mo’Nique came along. She’s a plus-sized woman who didn’t care about one day being skinny. All my life I’ve been hearing that I’ll never amount to anything until I am skinny. And she disapproved everything that everyone has ever told me.” –Gabourey Sidibe


DAKOTA FANNING by V Magazine

At 15, she’s taken on roles more emotionally charged and intellectually challenging than actresses twice her age. But when she’s playing vicious vampires or strung-out rock stars, she’s living every girl’s high-school dream. Welcome to the double life of Dakota Fanning

“I think that when you’re in the public eye, you automatically become a role model, because people are reading about you and looking at pictures of stuff you’ve done. But, you know, no one’s perfect, everyone makes mistakes. I have made mistakes and I will make mistakes. I’m only human.” –Dakota Fanning

Photographs by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Styling by Joe McKenna